Serve Side By Side With Your Children Saturday, March 28 in Salt Lake City!
Want to teach your children the value of service and giving? We have just the opportunity for you! Take advantage of this amazing service project, hosted by Mom It Forward and sponsored by Make and Takes and Provo Craft, where you can serve side by side with your children all for a great cause.
(Photo used with permission from Flickr.com)
- What: We'll be making spring crafts and ornaments to decorate the "April Tree" for the Christmas Box House.
- When: Saturday, March 28 from 10 a.m to 12 p.m.
- Where: The Christmas Box House—3660 S. West Temple
- RSVP: Please click here to RSVP by 3/26 so we can purchase the right amount of materials and food. In your RSVP, be sure to mention how many people will be coming in your party.
- For More Information: Please contact marie [at] makeandtakes [dot] com or momitforward [at] gmail [dot] with "Christmas Box House" in the subject line.
What Is the Christmas Box House?
In 1997, The Christmas Box Foundation, with support from the community, agreed to fund and build a new shelter intake/ assessment and residential facility. This facility has greatly enhanced services to abused and neglected children and reflects a statewide model for delivery of best practice assessment and treatment services to victims of child abuse.
The Christmas Box House provides:
- Emergency residential services, 24 hours a day, 7 days-a-week, to children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect, or a foster care placement failure.
- Emergency intake and assessment services, based on a multi-disciplinary treatment approach, are available around-the-clock for youth to address their emotional, physical, educational and placement needs.
- The Residential Unit provides specialized care for a maximum of 34 children, ages 0-11. It provides state-of-the-art comprehensive services, which reflect best practice and innovative breakthroughs in childcare.
- Over 45 licensed Resource Homes within the community provide nurturing care to children for up to 28 days. Last year Resource families provided care within their homes for 619 children.
- For current volunteer and donation needs, please contact Tammy Champo at 801-269-7506, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Elisbeth Williams at 284-3301, email@example.com.