Mom It Forward Has a New Home!


Please check out our new digs at http://momitforward.com & click here to RSVP for this week's #gno!


Topic Talk—Final Installment You RAwK!

So many amazing stories, so many amazing women. Mom It Forward wants to thank everyone who participated in the Happiness Headlines Challenge. We think you all RAwK! Here's five more:

Debra at 9 to 5 to 9
Shannon at Shanno Sez So
Michelle at Wanderlust and Lipstick
Jyl at Mommy Gossip
EcoMom at You Can't Diaper Their Faces

9 to 5 to 9
tells how her little boy crashed into a Christmas tree at the grocery store. And how when he realized it was a giving tree and that there was a little boy named Rigo who needed warm clothes and a few toys, she couldn't say no to helping out that little boy.
Here's what she said:

I'm quite good at telling the guys "no." I even have an international string of "no" in several languages that I break out when they can't grasp the concept in basic English, and they've heard it a lot since September.

But there was no way I could say "no" to that. Not when Big Guy had just given me a glimpse of a heart of gold buried beneath alternating layers of Sam Zell and Hanibal Lector.







After getting those gifts for Rigo, Deb was the grateful one:

Merry Christmas, Rigo.

And thank you, Big Guy, for giving me a glimpse of your light.

Shannon Sez So
was worried she missed the challenge. But since we are moms with crazy schedules our deadline changed about 3 times, so if you told us your RAK we are thrilled to have it! She commented:

I wanted to let you know that I did give an elderly woman a ride to the Metro so she wouldn't have to wait in the cold for a bus. Does that count?
And I've said before. Ain't it the small things that make the season bright? Thanks Shannon.

Wanderlust and Lipstick has been hosting a fabulous Passports with Purpose the whole month of December. What is it? Well, it's awesome for one thing. It's also a fundraiser. With the proceeds going to Heifer International. And there's all these great items! Amazing travel deals and travel books, even a travel related scrapbook supply basket. But here's the twist. It's a virtual raffle! For only $10 you get the chance to 'win' hundreds of dollars of great stuff!

Michelle says:

I am a sucker for Christmas. I love the lights, the presents, the trees and the celebration in general. But, as I shop for gifts for my friends and family, I can’t help thinking of the deeper meaning of this season of goodwill: of this urge to reach out and help others.

The Raffle fundraiser for Heifer International is going on until the end of December! You can still qualify! There were so many items, I lost count at 40+!


Our very own Jyl at Mommy Gossip made some cookies, and not just any cookies. These are Reindeer Cookies people! (She's very proud). She and her kids gave away the cookies and some candy canes to neighbors this year. And this video of hers is great. It's worth the few minutes of watching it I promise! If nothing else watch long enough to see her little boy sitting up on the counter helping with the M&Ms! Precious.




You Can't Diaper Their Faces
says All I really want for Christmas is.... nothing. But she then points out...

Okay… I want world peace and an end to famine, war, discrimination, pain, suffering and the other usual fodder of beauty pagent contestants.

She goes on to say:

Beauty pagent jokes aside, what I want, what I really, really want (are you listening, Spice Girls?) is a better world for my children. That’s kind of hard to stuff in a stocking or put in a bag under the tree. But when I sit and think about what I want… that’s it. A safer, cleaner, healthier, more intelligent world.

Ecomom has come up with an innovative way to give back this year. She hosted a contest and each day right up until Christmas Day, she picked a winner and donated $$ to Christmas Future! This organization lets the 'winner' choose the place the money will be sent to and both the donor and the recipient get to see where the money is going. I love this method of kindness. Using Random Generator probably to create a random act of kindness!

What a great time of year, to look back and think about the good things you did for others. We truly believe women make a difference. Moms. Daughters. Grandmothers.

In the coming year we want you all to help us Mom It Forward.
Help us change the world, one mom at a time.

Stumble Upon Toolbaradd to kirtsy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the New Name!!!

Arlan Berglas said...

I love it! Mom it Forward. Please take a look at the Pass It Forward Movement www.aunitedworld.org and take a look at this potential Pass It Forward Program called Mom If Forward www.aunitedworld.org/mom.asp and let me know what you think www.aunitedworld@gmail.com

Arlan