Mom It Forward Has a New Home!


Please check out our new digs at http://momitforward.com & click here to RSVP for this week's #gno!


How Does Chocolate Affect Your Emotions?


Introducing Guest Author: Erin Chase! She blogs about healthy eating and frugal meal planning at 5DollarDinners.com. Besides saving money and cooking, she enjoys running, scrapbooking and yes, the occasional truffle!


I Love me some chocolate. I do.

  • I love the dark stuff (healthy, right?).
  • I love the milky stuff.
  • I love truffles.
  • I love it in coffee.

In fact, it's the only way I drink coffee; heavily "choco-lated!" I love watching it bubble and cascade in a chocolate fountain. I enjoy dessert fondue with angel food cake and strawberries dipped into perfectly rich chocolate dipping sauce. If it's got chocolate on the label, chances are I will not be able to say no!

Photobucket

Here is a little glimpse into my love affair with chocolate:

  1. Chocolate makes me HAPPY. Biting into a raspberry filled truffle fills my mind and body with thoughts and feelings of jubilation. Just thinking about my favorite truffle makes me salivate. The flavor, the texture, the whole experience of eating my favorite piece of chocolate makes me Happy. In moderation, chocolate makes me Happy.
  2. Chocolate makes me MAD. Occasionally the "need" for a peanut butter cup or a chocolate kiss turns into a bag full binge-fest. I will be the first to admit it. I have eaten an entire bag of chocolate chips. In one sitting. With no raging hormones involved! Not eating chocolate in moderation makes me Mad.
  3. Chocolate REWARDS me. It really is a beautiful thing to treat oneself to something enjoyable. Chocolate can be very rewarding. A way to congratulate yourself for a job well done. I am thankful that I can be Rewarded by chocolate.
  4. Chocolate CONFUSES me. I am befuddled by my "need" for chocolate. When both mind and body are taken over in a powerful hormonal wave, leading you WAY out of your way to get your hands on some. Even just one little piece. Or better yet, an entire bag. Your body screaming at you for more. Then the craving is satisfied. The guilt sets in. Why? Why did I just eat that entire bag? Shame. My body craved just one piece, but would not be satisfied with nothing short of an entire bag. I'm left Confused.

Why is it that chocolate can affect us in so many different ways? With yet another "chocolate" holiday just around the corner, I hope to eat just 2 or 3 truffles and feel HAPPY. And I hope you can too!

Photo Credit: FoNgEtZ

Stumble Upon Toolbaradd to kirtsy

3 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I love chocolate! Great article!! :D I just ate about 1/4 bag of chocolat echips the other night along with spoonfuls of peanut butter. YUM!

Anonymous said...

I am glad I am not the only one guilty of eating a bag of chocolate chips!

MomItForward Jyl and Carissa said...

Oh it's not chocolate chips that call me.. it's the dang m&ms! If they are open? They are GONE!

Carissa